Saturday 6 March 2010

J- When you just wanna feel Australian...

Okay, so I've been living in France for over a month now, and after a lifetime of wishing for pale English-rose skin, brown curly locks, rolling green hills, and endless drizlling rain, I am actually beginning to long for all things surf, sand, and sun! Ironic, I know. So, my goal for this year, besides learning as much as possible French-wise, is to remain as Australian as I can without being? I dunno, pretentious.

Here is my survival kit:

1. Paw Paw cream. It is so dry here, and my lips just dont know how to handle it, having spent their childhood in the humid, Aussie weather. So Pawpaw cream, made in good old Queensland, Australia, is essential. Every 5 minutes. Really.

2. Blondifying Shampoo. I havent been truly blonde for a long time, but there is still a hint of glod beneath that sheet of crappy mousey brown... and I plan on clinging to it!!!!

3. Gradual tanner. I hate being white. It feels so...um.. FAT. Like really unhealthy and dull. So I bought some lovely Granier gradual tanner to keep me glowing.

4. Palmers cocobutter. I dont think its Australian, but it is soooo good. And it smells like The Body Shop which is my fave beauty store in Oz.

5. Most importantly, my Aussie playlist on my Ipod. Yves Klein Blue, INXS, Midnight Oil, Pete Murray, Cat Empire... the list goes on and on. God, we are a musically awesome nation!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!! OI OI OI!

Oh, by the way, we so do not say "Throw another shrimp on the barbie!" I mean, what the fuck is a shrimp? We call them prawns, honey!! At least, I think we do... seriously what is a shrimp??



Paw Paw cream on all its brilliance. And moi, giving it a well-deserved snog!

No comments:

Post a Comment